Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Angel from Africa - Our mystery soap opera...

Dear all,

Now I must review what I wrote about our "angel". This is getting more mysterious because I don't quite like how it evolves...

Today I got the package mentioned in the letter, but directly from the States with our customs stamp on it and brought by our postman without any marks that it had been in Africa. Just the normal post way...

Now, how can this package come directly from the States, per Air Mail (it was sent on the 10th of February) and somebody has in the meantime time to send the address to Kenya - per computer? - so that this person sends a letter telling me he has the package and is forwarding it to me???

Everything is very suspicious. Now I would look very closely at the people working in the post office that forwarded the mail...

The world is getting kind of crazy with this globalization...!!

Sara

4 comments:

Gunnels blog said...

???????????????????????????????
It´s seems very, very stranged???

Carol said...

Weird?! That's why I was wary the last message you posted, my hubby usedto work in local government and was always fielding calls about prople who had sent money etc to people with some sob story or other and then finding out it was not true? Don't send anything until you get proof, ask you local post office for help, they might be able to track if it's a con.

arlee said...

Did *ANYONE* post their address on this or THEIR own blog???? It's definitely phishing then with the intent of scamming--forget about it--if you *have* the package, trash theletter, trash any emails regarding it and forget about it!
Somebody is just trying to take advantage!

inmymindseye said...

Dateline did a show about scammers the oter night. It was verrry intersting!