Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Some considerations...

I think the squares are going to be more interesting if we do them like very small pictures (that's the challenge!) more than abstract ones. . Of course, if you are more at ease working abstract, please do. I mean, it would be nice if they have at least some dot or line or whatever, so that the eye can wander through the whole piece. We are very democratic here! you can share your point of view and everyone can decide what to do at the end!

You can do many different things with the squares when they're ready. You can sew them together like in the picture of Dotee but you could also use them for other mountings.
I'm playing with the idea of mounting them as a house. You could use other forms like shrines, boxes, whatever...

It is easier to do the same small picture 9 times in the different colors as imagining 63 different ones!! If you want to do 63 different ones, you're allowed to do it (and you get my blessings for doing this extra work!:-)

You can work on paper or fabric or non-wovens, or whatever you can sew through!! but keep it mostly textile!


Please add to this considerations, we can help each other with ideas!!

7 comments:

Gunnels blog said...

I don´t think I can do pictures, I am not good at this! I like to work abstract!! And newer 63! This give me stress! In that case I don´t want to go in the swap!

Sara said...

do you mean you don't want to be in the swap or only if you can't work abstract?
we could try to see what happens if we also work abstract, the idea is that even if you work abstract each piece ought to have something distinctive like a dot or a line, so that the eye can wander from one piece to the other. would this be ok with you? :-)

Gunnels blog said...

I mean I don´t think I could do a picture, but I can decorate or add different embellishment; like buttons, beads, or something! Very small found objects maybe?

Sara said...

that would be great! that is exactly what i meant with picture. sometimes i can't express exactly the ideas...

i'm happy you stay with us! i don't want to lose you because of my english!! :-)

Gunnels blog said...

Ha, ha, it´s me how often have problem with the english. It´s difficult to find the right words, but we must if we want new friends!

So,of course, I stay!!!

Beate said...

Oh, I'm so happy you both have understood each other right :-) I love You are in Gunnel!!!!

Gunnels blog said...

Thank you Beate! and thanks for the lovely postcard wich I have recieved toda! :-))